Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Relax, It's Magic!



I believe in magic.  I believe that a spark exists in all of us that when cultivated can spur us on to do great, noble, wonderful things despite hurdles, counter forces and popular opinion.  The magic I speak of is not Disney branded magic, it is not ushered in by a clicking of “ruby slippers”.  This magic does not emanate from a “Fellowship of the Ring” nor is it properly described as “the Force.”  Though my name is not Harry Potter, I see/feel/wield magic all around me.  

There is magic in Christianity.  There is good and evil.  There is sorcery, miraculous healing, battles to the death.  There is intrigue and resurrection and super natural power that takes the form of the most unlikely characters.

Each of us are lead characters in our own saga.  We like all super heroes/heroines are given supernatural gifts at birth from an all Powerful Force.  We like all supers must cultivate these gifts through study, training, and mentorships with other great warriors.  After our training we are set up to face a series of tests that grow in difficulty.  Sometimes we get wounded so badly that we have to retreat.  Other times we barely defeat the Evil One - appearing so bruised at the final battle scene that we can hardly stand.

What I know is that no matter the test, my God has already ensured that I will win- meaning I will learn what I need to learn to move up a little higher in my development.  My only job is to train diligently, try my best, remain obedient to the Principals of God, and discipline myself to spend daily quiet time with God to be refreshed, renewed and ready to meet the next challenge.

We don’t have to look to Hollywood for our next adventure.  We are the heroine/hero of this Epic Life Story and we have all we need to triumph!  

Ephesians 6:10-18

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

No comments: