Sunday, July 10, 2016

A PRAYER FOR MY FRIEND

A few months ago, I was struggling with an obstinate issue- despite my prayers and quiet time with God, I did not perceive a resolution.  In fact, I felt as if I was in a holding pattern.  

Folks who know me, know that my patience is…well…limited.  So being forced to stand still was beyond difficult for me.

I spoke with a prayer warrior, my mom, and she inquired about my prayers.  True to form, I was praying for resolution.  I was praying for a miracle.  I was praying for relief.  

"What about praying for yourself?," mom asked.

"Praying for myself?," I thought,  "What a strange idea."

I pray for so many things.  I pray for healing for others. I pray for my finances.  I pray for wisdom.  I pray for a change in the heart of others.  But I have never really prayed for Mariessa.  I mean I never really prayed in earnest for Mariessa as if she was a friend.

Here is a prayer for my friend, Mariessa.

Lord, God, I know who You are.  You are the maker and finisher of all things.  You created heaven and earth and created me.  You know all about me and love me anyway; even when I do wrong and make mistakes.  You love me and all mankind so much that you sacrificed your son Jesus just so that we can pray directly to you despite our flaws.   Oh, you are a Holy God.

I know who Jesus is.  Jesus is the Good Shepherd, the Son of the Living God.  Jesus is the ultimate example of what we can become when we link our lives up with God.  Jesus is human and divine and so He knows all that we go through on this Earth.  Jesus is a healer with power to raise the dead.  Jesus is my advocate and regularly pleads my case before God.  Hallelujah.

I know who the Holy Spirit is.  The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Living God that entered into me at baptism.  The Sprit is a supernatural power that is activated when I spend time with God.  The Spirit enables me to access special gifts that God has given me: wisdom, discernment, love, intuition, telepathy, capacity, feeling, receptiveness, judgement.  The Spirit hears my groanings and relays this information to God on my behalf.  When I don’t know what to pray for, the Spirit steps in and speaks for me.  When I am striving to live in God’s Will, I am living in the Spirit.  When I am living in the Spirit, I am infused with supernatural Power.

I am not alone. I am surrounded by a crowd: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  Therefore I am not afraid and I can approach God boldly knowing that all is well.

Today I am praying for my friend, Mariessa.  Help her to activate her gifts.  Give her the strength to withstand the tug of the world.

Remind her that disobedience is death.  Because, only God has a bird’s eye view.  When God reveals truth to her.  Give her the courage to listen and obey.

Teach her that she has capacity to do all things.  She can defeat the evil one - she can find resources to take care of her needs, she can meet evil intentions with love, she can withstand temptation, she can live alone and in joy.  She can be at peace and happy in the present.

Teach her that she already has the ability to receive and hear the Word of God.  She can decipher the Will of God, not because she is a Prophet, but because God promised to reveal His way to anyone who diligently seeks Him.

Teach her that she is wise.  She knows the right way.  And she can remain on the right path because she is not alone.  There is a crowd (Father, Son, Holy Ghost, angels, and the assembly) around her.

Unstop her ears and destroy her will, her sensitive nature and her earthly limitations.  Replace her Will with THINE.  Remind her that break throughs come when her will is synced up with God’s Will.  

Teach her that she must not crave the things (food, circumstances) that are bad for her.  These strongholds must be broken.

Teach her that she is not in bondage to the belief that feeling comes from matter.  And therefore she need not run after the pleasures that appeal to the senses.  This is bondage.  

Remind her that it is better to dilligently seek a Spirit filled existence - this brings euphoria and real happiness.

Father, I am praying in earnest for Mariessa to have a quickening of the Holy Spirit.  She needs help to break up the strongholds in her life.

Only YOU can do it. 

In the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Amen.

No comments: